Mirko Cro Cop Leaves For Japan Confident of Victory

Mirko Cro Cop met with the Croatian press one final time at Zagreb airport before leaving for Japan. This is an translation of a Nova TV report via free fight videos.



Mirko Cro Cop has left for Japan with his NYE bout with Korean giant Hong Man Choi less than three days away.

In preparation for the 2.18 meter tall and 160 kg K1 star Mirko has been sparing with former Croatian basketball star Franjo Arapovic.

We met Mirko at Zagreb airport for his final interview before leaving for Japan.

Cro Cop Doesn’t Plan To Exchange Strikes With Choi

“Its just another fight. I have to follow my game plan. I cant exchange with a man that’s has such big reach and weight advantage over me. I’ll be cautious.” explained Cro Cop.

When asked of what he thought about his opponent “It’s a dangerous fight. Any one that size is dangerous. ”

When asked about his plans for 2009 Cro Cop replied;

“I don’t know. I’ll have to wait and see. I cant say anything right now. I’m just focused on this fight and we’ll see what happens after that.”

His will be Cro Cop first fight since the no-contest with Overeem in September. His last victory a first round TKO over Tatsuya Mizuno at Dream 1. You’ll be able to catch Cro Cop’s new years eve match live on Nova TV staring at 12.00 noon.

No comments:

Post a Comment