Cro Cop In Talks With Affliction and UFC

Mirko Cro Cop has returned to training after his January knee reconstruction. In a recent interview with Croatian sports magazine "Sportske Novosti" Cro Cop talked about his recovery, training and possible comeback fight.

"I'm training as much as I can at this stage of the recovery. I'm mainly working on weights and cardio with conditioning coach Jukic. As things stand at the moment I can say that the operation went very well." Said an optimistic Cro Cop.

His NYE bout with Hong Man Choi ended his DREAM contract. He confirmed rumors that the UFC were indeed in contact with him however he has offers from both DREAM and another US based promotion.

"I'm in talks with the Japanese,which of course is natural, since they treated me so well over the years. And its not a secret anymore that the UFC have contacted me. I'm also in talks with another US organization."

Mirko said that he would make his decision in less than a month. Cro Cop's return is still some months away however will it be in the Japanese ring, the UFC or even Affliction? (Source: Croatian daily sports newspaper Sportske-Novosti/ Translation: FFV)

1 comment: