Mackenzie Phillips on Oprah Incest Claim



This is one crazy story that breaks just about every taboo there is. Mackenzie Phillips talks to Oprah and reveals she had sex with her own father, yes I'm talking incest here folks.

It she stated that she had been raped by her father at the night before her wedding to Jeff Sessler. “On the eve of my wedding, my father showed up, determined to stop it,” writes Phillips, who was 19 and a heavy drug user at the time. “I had tons of pills, and Dad had tons of everything too. Eventually I passed out on Dad’s bed.” Mackenzie said during an interview with PEOPLE magazine.[3] “My father was not a man with boundaries. He was full of love, and he was sick with drugs. I woke up that night from a blackout to find myself having sex with my own father." Phillips continued. “Had this happened before? I didn’t know. All I can say is it was the first time I was aware of it. For a moment I was in my body, in that horrible truth, and then I slid back into a blackout.” [6]She also claimed that their sexual relations became consensual after repeat encounters. [6] “I was a fragment of a person, and my secret isolated me,” she writes. “One night Dad said, ‘We could just run away to a country where no one would look down on us. There are countries where this is an accepted practice. Maybe Fiji.’ She continued saying, “He was completely delusional. No, I thought, we’re going to hell for this.” [6] Phillips says in her memoir, High on Arrival, that she confronted John, who died in March 2001, about their sordid past, saying, "We have to talk about when you raped me." To which John replied, according to his daughter, "You mean when we made love?" [6]


No comments:

Post a Comment